ASPIRATION…DESIRE FOR SUCCESS
CHEMISTRY – ORGANIC COMPOUND TIME 1 HR MARKS:30
Name the following organic compounds :
(ii) (CH3)3CC?CCH2CH=C(CH3)2 (iii)HO2CCH2CH(CH2CH=CH2)CH2CH(C2H5)CO2H
- Classify the following reaction as substitution, elimination, addition or condensation reactions and the nature of the reagent(electrophile or nucleophile)
(a) Ethyl alcohol with concentrated sulphuric acid at 170oC.
(b) Ethyl alcohol with hydrogen bromide.
(c) Acetone with hydrogen cyanide.
(d) Acetaldehyde with acetaldoxime.
(e) Isobutyl bromide with aqueous alkali.
- Give the comparisons between SN1 and SN2 reaction?
- Discuss the relative strength of the acetic acid , chloro acetic acid, dichloro acetic acid and tricholro acetic acid on the basis of inductive effect?
- Draw the resonating structure of phenol?
- What happen when methyl magnesium bromide is treated with alcohol and propyne.
- The compound C6H12 exhibits optical isomer. Give the structural formula of the compound and name it and is enantiomer?
- Write the structural formulae for the possible isomeric form of the compound with molecular formula C4H10O . What are the type of isomer and name the isomer? At least 4 structure.
- What is tautomerism and explain it with the help of compound hydrocyanic acid and acetyl acetone.