JEE Main – Schedule
JEE MAIN 2016 is scheduled to be held on :
- 03/04/2016 – Paper and pen mode – 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- 09/04 to 10/04/ 2016 – Online mode
- 1st shift – 9.30 am to 12.30 pm
- 2nd shift – 14.00 pm to 17.00 pm
Applications for JEE (Main) 2016 are to be sent only ONLINE and the portal for JEE (Main) 2016 applications will be open from 1st to 31st of December 2015.
Eligibility for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2016
Date of Birth: Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible. For candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD), upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who were born on or after October 01, 1986 are eligible. Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.
Year of Passing Qualifying Examination (QE):
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any other qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any other qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) – 2016.
- Candidates who passed Class 12th/ other Qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Main)-2016
- Candidates who appeared in class 12th/ other Qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2016.
- The candidates willing to appear for improvement examination of class 12th in 2016 have to appear in all the 5 subjects as per the scheme of study of the concerned board. The marks from two different year’s (i.e. marks for 3 subjects from year 2015 and marks for other 2 subjects from 2016) mark-sheets cannot be considered for percentile calculation.
- The eligibility for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2016 as well as the eligibility for admission to various institutes may differ and hence the candidate has to ensure that he/ she adheres to the required criteria put forth.
Number of Attempts:
- The number of attempts a candidate can appear for JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three).
- Candidates seeking admission to the institutions in the states ofGujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Odisha, which were earlier admitting based on their state level examination, are also advised to verify their eligibility as per criteria laid down by these state Governments.
- The number of attempts for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2016 as well as the number of attempts for admission to various institutes may differ and hence the candidate has to ensure that he/ she adheres to the required criteria put forth.
- By being eligible to write JEE (Main) and by obtaining an All India Rank in JEE (Main), a candidate does NOT automatically become eligible for admission.
Subjects in Qualifying Examination:
Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in Class 12/ any other qualifying examination in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main) 2016. The candidates who have taken four subjects only are NOT eligible to write JEE (Main) 2016 and if the candidate is appearing for the exam providing false information, his/ her rank/ result will NOT be declared.
JEE Main Pattern
JEE (Main) – 2016 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning). Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) only, OR Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning.) only, OR both depending on the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
Mode of Examination: The Paper-1 of JEE (Main) will be conducted in two separate modes i.e. Offline (Pen and Paper Based Examination) mode and Online (Computer Based Examination) mode. A candidate will opt for EITHER Pen and Paper Based OR Computer Based examination modes for Paper-1 only. The Paper-2 of JEE (Main) will be conducted ONLY in Pen and Paper based examination mode.
Subject Combination of Examination
Subject combination, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination are shown in the given table below.
|SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MODE OF EXAM|
For All undergraduate courses EXCEPT B.ARCH/ B.PLANNING (At Institutions other than IITs)
|Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Either Pen and Paper Based Exam
Online (Computer Based) Exam
For B.ARCH/B. PLANNING (At Institutions other than IITs)
|Mathematics, Aptitude, and
|Objective type / Questions to test drawing aptitude||ONLY Pen and Paper Based Exam|
For any queries contact us on:
email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org